Local/Community Food Resources:
1. The SALT Box Ministries located at 408 Market St. W. Canal Fulton, Ohio 44614 will be providing a few community meals over the summer. Currently the dates are June 14th, June 28th, and July 12th. These meals will run from 4:00-6:00 pm. Please do not get out of your car. Volunteers will bring the meal to you. This meal is for everyone in the community.
2. For families in Clinton and New Franklin- Barberton Area Community Ministries is handing out food through their drive thru pantry on Tuesdays from 1:00-5:00 pm and Thursday from 1:00-6:00 pm. The BACM Pantry is located at 939 Norton Avenue, Barberton Ohio 44203. Please bring an I.D. with you.
3. For Stark County Families- The Stark County Hunger Task Force hours are Monday and Wednesday 9:15 am to 3:35 pm, Tuesday 9:15 am to 2:35 pm, & Thursday and Friday 9:15 am to 1:35 pm. This drive thru pantry is located at 408 9th St. SW, Canton, Ohio 44707. They also have a weekend back pack food program for students.
4. The Canal Fulton Community Cupboard is located at 8101 Manchester Rd. NW Canal Fulton, Ohio 44614. The cupboard runs on the last Thursday of the month from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm.
5. Anyone can visit www.bountifulgifts.org to find area meals. Click on the calendar tab to see daily food locations.
6. Anyone can visit www.akroncantonfoodbank.org to find hot meal sites and grocery pantries near them. Click on the Find Food Assistance image for more details.
7. Anyone can use the website https://findhelp.org/ to find community supports located within their zip code. This includes food, shelter, clothing, health care, and more.
Ohio Department of Education (ODE) KIDS EAT FREE THIS SUMMER
Northwest Local would like to make sure that parents know the Ohio Department of Education is sponsoring the Summer Food Service Program again this summer, providing children through age 18 with free healthy meals when they lack access to school breakfasts and lunches. Children with disabilities and approved individualized education programs may take part through age 21.
It’s easy to participate in the Summer Food Service Program, and families do not need to sign up. Simply call 1-866-3-HUNGRY (1-866-348-6479), visit http://education.gov/kidsEat, or use the Department’s mobile app for meal times and locations. The Ohio Department of Education Mobile App (http://education.ohio.gov/App) is available for free in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store, search Ohio Department of Education.
Kids Eat Free Flyer