Skip To Main Content

Student Mental Health Services

Hope Behavioral
Any student who has already been seeing a mental health counselor at school can continue to see their counselor online, or when offices reopen, in the office, until schools reopen. They can contact their counselor directly via e-mail, phone or through the website. The general number for Hope Behavioral Health is 800-642-4560. Current clients and parents/guardians can contact their counselor through the website at or at numbers/email below:
Karen Longanbach, LPCC-S, Middle & High School, ext. 843
Krista Hargrave, LPC, Grades 3-5,  ext. 842
Patty Abel, LPCC, Grades K-2, ext. 839
Any Northwest student wishing to begin working with a counselor due to mental health or other adjustment/transition difficulties can still sign up for counseling with a Hope Behavioral Health Counselor. Parents or students can go to the website and click on "Get Started Now" and then on "Intake Form". At the end of the form interested parties can choose a counselor. Bios are available on the website. If students would like to choose a counselor that will be available at their school in the future they should pick from the above list. All counselors are currently offering online counseling and will have office availability following the current restrictions. After signing up online, a counselor will be in touch to set up an appointment. All counseling is billed through the client's insurance and copays or coinsurance amounts may apply. Some counselors can negotiate lower rates for clients with no insurance or high deductibles or fees. 
Questions can be sent to Karen Longanbach, MA, LPCC-S at