What do our counselors do:
* Promote positive attitudes among students towards self, family, peers and community.
* Assist students in learning how school performance relates to future opportunities.
* Work with students, parents and school staff to identify learning needs and to design interventions to enhance student success.
* Help students to recognize and make the best of their abilities.
* Provide support during a personal crisis.
* Work with students on attendance issues.
* Coordinate referrals to outside agencies.
* Develop student career awareness.
* Help to create a safe and positive learning experience.
GROWING UP ISN'T EASY! HERE ARE SOME OF THE TOPICS THAT CAN BE DISCUSSED DURING COUNSELING:
*selecting classes/ career options
* Making friends
* Liking myself
* Getting along with others
* Parents' divorce
* Being a "new kid"
* Learning and responsibility
* Death and dying
* Sexual abuse
* Moving away
* Being honest
* Drug and alcohol abuse
* College/Career Readiness