The mission of the Title I program is:
* To provide a child-centered, risk-free environment for students in grades K-8.
* To surround students with printed materials in a language rich environment that focuses on vocabulary development and strengthens listening, speaking, writing, and reading skills.
* To involve students in developmentally appropriate activities designed to improve academic performance by introducing readiness experiences and supplemental reinforcement/practice for basic/advanced skills.
* To provide training for all staff to ensure that research based instructional techniques and materials are available for all students.
*To utilize technology to maximize program effectiveness in the management of data and support of instruction.
* To support and facilitate interagency cooperation in order to provide programs which are holistic and child-centered.
* To integrate Title I into the school by collaborating with personnel at all levels.
* To develop partnerships between the family, school, and community which assess and address the needs of the family while providing continuous support.
Program identification criteria:
*Spring State test (AIR) scores in Reading and Math
*MAPs testing scores in Reading and Math (Fall/Winter/Spring)