Mr. William S. Stinson was born and raised in Wayne County, North Lawrence Ohio. He graduated from Orrville High School in 1922. Bill Stinson went to Kent State University and then taught four years in the Marshallville Elementary School from 1923-1927.
In 1929, he received his Bachelors of Science in Education from The Ohio State University and that fall started his educational career at Clinton High School. He taught one year and was promoted to Principal in 1930. He became superintendent of West Franklin Schools (Clinton) and served until 1954 when Canal Fulton and Clinton consolidated to form Northwest Local Schools. Mr. Stinson stayed at Clinton to serve as the Elementary Principal.
1n 1958, Mr. Stinson became principal of Northwest High School. He served until 1968 when he returned to Clinton Elementary until retirement in 1970.
Mr. Stinson was respected by students and faculty alike. His policy toward the students encouraged this friendliness. He stood as an equal and was always open to suggestions. It was this policy and his attitude of concern toward the individual student that earned him the respect and friendship of students, faculty, parents and entire community.